Boldo (Peumus boldus) is an evergreen native to Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Ecuador, and Peru. Boldo Leaf also known as Peumus boldus, Boldea fragrans, Boldine, Boldoak Boldea, Boldo Folium, Boldus, Boldus Boldus, Peumus fragrans. Boldo is an evergreen shrub most commonly found in Chile, but also occurring in other parts of South America including Argentina, Bolivia, Ecuador, and Peru. The plant has since become naturalized outside its native range, with small populations in Europe and Africa. The waxy leaves are highly aromatic to the point of being unpleasantly pungent when crushed. The boldo plant produces small green fruits that are sweet with a pleasant taste. Archaeologists excavating in the Monte Verde region of southern Chile have found boldo in combination with 22 other herbs wrapped in a seaweed basket estimated to be 12,500 years old. Boldo contains alkaloids (boldine) and flavonoids, as well as ascaridole, camphor, cineole, linalool, limonene, b-pinene, rhamnetin, isorhamnetin, kaempferol, resin, and tannins.
- Expertly extracted Boldo ALCOHOL-FREE liquid extract! To purchase an Alcohol-based version of this extract please follow this link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KLGUVCK/ (Copy and Paste the Link into a Browser Address Bar).
- Boldo Glycerite contains ONLY natural ingredients! Alcohol Free! Gluten Free! Non-GMO!
- High Quality Boldo NON-Alcohol liquid extract – we use classic conventional methods of extraction! We meticulously produce our extracts according to precise standards where each herb is extracted according to the distinct characteristic of each plant!
- The highest quality Boldo Glycerin based liquid extract made with love for plants and respect for Nature!
- Made in Hawaii with Aloha! We strictly use Only Certified or ethically sourced wild harvested raw material, vegetable palm glycerin and crystal clear artesian purified water!