GU Recovery Drink Mix is specifically designed to be used by athletes following training sessions or races to refuel, recover, and get ready to hit it hard again tomorrow. This unique formula contains the essential ingredients that the body needs, including protein to reduce muscle breakdown, carbohydrates to replenish glycogen stores, essential amino acids, and key electrolytes that get lost in sweat. Each serving of GU Recovery Drink Mix contains 10 grams of whey protein to help muscle fibers recover. GU Recovery Drink Mix doesn’t taste grainy, chalky, salty, or smelly; it actually tastes good. In 1993, Dr. Bill Vaughn developed the world’s first energy gel to help his daughter perform better during ultra-marathons, GU has been helping to propel the world’s most successful extreme athletes to success ever since. GU Recovery Drink Mix evolves this extreme performance heritage with a convenient, nutritional experience athletes actually enjoy.
- Designed to help athletes refuel, recover, and rebuild after training or races
- Dual source carbohydrates (maltodextrin and fructose) to replenish glycogen stores; 10 grams of whey protein isolate to rebuild muscle fiber
- Convenient powder mix makes one serving with 8 oz. of water, milk, soy milk, or almond milk
- Amino acids blend: 1000mg of leucine, 2,800mg of l-glutamine, and 1,400 of l-arginine
- Canister with 15 servings of great tasting nutrition