Huma Gels are all-natural, great-tasting energy gels made from finely blended Chia seeds. They are designed to be a healthy option for getting you through tough exercise. The idea for Huma was born in the sands of Iraq. In the summer of 2009, a US Army 1st Lieutenant was charged with leading grueling missions throughout Iraq. At the time he was reading a book about the Tarahumara, a tribe of Mexican Indians who regularly compete in epic 100+ mile races as part of their culture. To fuel themselves on these ultra marathons, they use a special chia seed blend. He figured if it worked for them in Mexico, maybe it would work for him in Iraq. It did. In fact, the stuff was amazing at keeping him going, and that discovery eventually led to the creation of Huma. Today, Huma combines Tarahumara tradition, extensive sports nutrition research, healthy ingredients and great taste to bring you the best energy gel on the market. Enjoy your gel!
- Sports Nutrition Energy Gel for all Runners, Cyclists, Triathletes, Endurance Athletes (running, cycling, extended exercise and events such as marathons, triathlons, century rides); Pre and During Race Energy Supplements also designed for use in training, workouts or any needed glucose/glycogen replacement activity
- 100% All-Natural energy gels made with Real Food ingredients – Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan Friendly (No Upset Stomachs, Great Flavor, and No Aftertaste)
- The Compact, Easy-to-Open Packets contain Great-Tasting, Easy to Swallow, Healthy Carbs along with Protein – Contains all 9 essential Amino Acids
- Finely milled Chia Seeds help modulate energy uptake to ensure No Flash-Crashes; 2:1 ratio of short & long chain Glucose to Fructose for maximum carbohydrate uptake
- Huma Gel: Enjoy your gel! Compares favorably to GU®, Roctane®, Honey Stinger®, Powerbar®, Clif Shot®, and goes down faster than chews; Variety Mixed Pack (mix box) contains Strawberries, Apples & Cinnamon, Blueberries, Mangoes, Chocolate (25mg caffeine), Café Mocha (50mg caffeine), Raspberries (25mg caffeine), and Lemonade (25mg caffeine)