Huma PLUS is the Natural Electrolytes enhanced version of Huma Gel, the all-natural, great-tasting energy gels made from finely blended Chia seeds. They are designed to be a healthy option for getting you through tough exercise. The idea for Huma was born in the sands of Iraq. In the summer of 2009, a US Army 1st Lieutenant was charged with leading grueling missions throughout Iraq. At the time he was reading a book about the Tarahumara, a tribe of Mexican Indians who regularly compete in epic 100+ mile races as part of their culture. To fuel themselves on these ultra marathons, they use a special chia seed blend. He figured if it worked for them in Mexico, maybe it would work for him in Iraq. It did. In fact, it was amazing at keeping him going, and that discovery led to the creation of Huma Gel. Today, Huma combines Tarahumara tradition, extensive sports nutrition research, healthy ingredients and great taste to bring you the best energy gel on the market. Now with Huma PLUS you can enjoy extra electrolytes with your gel!
- PLUS = 2X NATURAL ELECTROLYTES, sourced from Coconut Water, Sea Salt, and Chia Seeds. Double the electrolytes of Huma Gel.
- 100% All-Natural, Real Food ingredients – Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan Friendly. Extra stomach friendly.
- Sports Nutrition Energy Gel with Electrolytes for all Runners, Cyclists, Triathletes, Endurance Athletes (running, cycling, extended exercise and events such as marathons, triathlons, century rides; sports like soccer, tennis, climbing, paddle-boarding, etc). Pre and During Race Energy Supplements also designed for use in training, workouts or any needed glucose/glycogen or electrolyte replacement activity.
- Powdered Chia Seeds help modulate energy uptake to ensure No Flash-Crashes. 2:1 ratio of short & long chain Glucose to Fructose for maximum carbohydrate uptake. Complete proteins with all 9 essential Amino Acids. Extra sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium.
- Huma Gel: Enjoy your gel! Compares favorably to GU, Roctane, Honey Stinger, Powerbar, Clif Shot; goes down faster than chews.