►Many vegetables contain nitrate, but beetroot is one of the best sources. When you consume beetroot, your body converts the natural nitrate into nitric oxide.
►Consuming beetroot supplements may boost athletic performance. It enhances nitric oxide production in muscles, which helps improves levels of oxygen and may support muscle contraction.
►Beetroot, also known as beet, has been gaining in popularity as a new super food due to recent studies.
►Another active ingredient, the phytonutrient betaine, is an antioxidant.
►Beets provide some impressive health benefits. Not to mention, they are low in calories and a great source of nutrients, including fiber, folate and vitamin C.
- The beet is a bulbous, sweet root vegetable that most people either love or hate. It’s not new on the block, but it’s risen to superfood status over the last decade or so.
- Beetroots, commonly known as beets, are a popular root vegetable used around the world. Beets are packed with essential vitamins, minerals and plant compounds.
- They are low in calories, yet high in valuable vitamins and minerals. In fact, they contain a bit of almost all the vitamins and minerals that you need.
- Beets provide some impressive health benefits. They are low in calories and a great source of nutrients, including fiber and vitamin C.
- Many vegetables contain nitrate, but beetroot is one of the best sources. When you consume beetroot, your body helps the natural nitrate into nitric oxide.