Digestive Enzymes Ultra contains an all-encompassing profile of vegetarian digestive enzymes. Proteases included in this formula provide optimal activity across a wide pH range. They facilitate the normal breakdown of proteins and di- and tri-peptides. Lipase promotes lipid breakdown while amylase and glucoamylase are included to stimulate polysaccharide breakdown of starch and glycogen. Invertase and lactase support digestion of carbohydrate disaccharides, including the dairy sugar lactose. This formula also offers numerous enzymes to support fiber breakdown, including cellulase, hemicellulase, beta-glucanase and phytase. These enzymes act to break down cell wall components and phytic acid, promoting nutrient bioavailability of fiber-containing foods. Additionally, alpha-galactosidase promotes the breakdown of certain complex carbohydrates, such as raffinose and stachyose, found in some vegetables, grains and legumes-helping to relieve occasional bloating or gas.*
- NUTRIENT ABSORPTION: Contains a mixture of vegetarian enzymes developed to promote optimal nutrient bioavailability and absorption.*
- SUPPORTS DIGESTION: Digestive Enzymes Ultra supports enhanced protein, carbohydrate, fat, fiber and dairy digestion.*
- DIGESTIVE ENZYMES: Digestive Enzymes Ultra contains a broad profile of digestive enzymes, providing optimal activity across a wide pH range.*
- PURE INGREDIENTS: Pure Encapsulations manufactures a line of hypoallergenic, research-based dietary supplements. Products are meticulously formulated using pure ingredients designed to deliver predictable results for the benefit of all patients, even the most sensitive.*
- FREE FROM: Pure Encapsulations products are free from wheat, gluten, egg, peanuts, magnesium stearate, hydrogenated fat, artificial sweeteners and colors, and other unnecessary excipients. Any product containing ingredients derived from allergens, such as soy, dairy or shellfish is clearly labeled. * These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.