N-Acetyl-l-Cysteine (NAC) is a derivative of the dietary amino acid l-cysteine. NAC has a high affinity for lung tissue, which it supports through mucolytic and antioxidant action. By disrupting disulfide bonds, NAC thins mucus. It is a powerful free radical scavenger and thus supports the body’s natural defense system. NAC supports tissue levels of glutathione, a key component of the antioxidant defense system.*
- ANTIOXIDANT SUPPORT: NAC provides powerful nutritional support to cells as an antioxidant, specifically supporting healthy lung functioning through its mucolytic capability.*
- FREE RADICAL SCAVENGER: NAC is a free radical scavenger and thus supports epithelial cell health and healthy cilia activity in the respiratory tract.*
- ANTIOXIDANT PRECURSOR: NAC is also a precursor to the antioxidant glutathione, and supplemental NAC increases tissue levels of glutathione.*
- PURE INGREDIENTS: Pure Encapsulations manufactures a line of hypoallergenic, research-based dietary supplements. Products are meticulously formulated using pure ingredients designed to deliver predictable results for the benefit of all patients, even the most sensitive.*
- FREE FROM: Pure Encapsulations products are free from wheat, gluten, egg, peanuts, magnesium stearate, hydrogenated fat, artificial sweeteners and colors, and other unnecessary excipients. Any product containing ingredients derived from allergens, such as soy, dairy or shellfish is clearly labeled. * These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.