Valerian (Valeriana officinalis, Valerianaceae) is a hardy perennial flowering plant, with heads of sweetly scented pink or white flowers which bloom in the summer months. Valerian flower extracts were used as a perfume in the sixteenth century. Native to Europe and parts of Asia, valerian has been introduced into North America. It is consumed as food by the larvae of some Lepidoptera (butterfly and moth) species including Grey Pug. Known compounds detected in valerian that may contribute to its method of action are: alkaloids (actinidine, chatinine, shyanthine, valerianine, and valerine), gamma-aminobutyric acid, isovaleric acid, iridoids, sesquiterpenes, flavanones (hesperidin, 6-methylapigenin and linarin).
- Highest Strength Valerian root NON-Alcohol liquid extract! To purchase an Alcohol-based version of this extract please follow this link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LCAGEVG/ (Copy and Paste the Link into a Browser Address Bar).
- Valerian root NON-Alcohol liquid extract contains ONLY natural ingredients!
- High Quality Valerian root extract – we use classic conventional methods of extraction! We meticulously produce our extracts according to precise standards where each herb is extracted according to the distinct characteristic of each plant!
- Super concentrated Valerian root NON-Alcohol extract: dried material / solvents ratio is 1:3!
- We strictly use Only Certified Organic or ethically sourced wild harvested raw material, vegetable palm glycerin and crystal clear artesian purified water! Really the BEST Valerian root herbal glycerite on market! Made with love for plants and respect for Nature!